Wednesday 3 June 2015

I Simply Remember My Favourite Things...

I’m sure that I’m going to sound like a broken record when I tell you guys (again) that I got married in an ivory pantsuit. Which I loved.  Like, lovedlovedloved.  But…. if I had to do it all over again (please avert your eyes and plug your ears pantsuit, because this might insult you just a teeny bit!) I DO have a dream wedding dress that I would have loved to float down the aisle in, in an alternate universe/sliding-doors situation, of course:


Julie Andrews, aka Maria in “The Sound of Music”
Look at the neckline and collar – she was Fierce before Sasha! And yet, the delicate buttons at the sleeves were so feminine. This dress was always my idea of perfection.  And if that wasn’t enough bridal style, I always had an alternate to my dream dress:



I know,  I know,  it looks like I’ve got an old-fashioned sensibility, but this style of dress made an appearance not too long ago, just five years ago, and it was courtesy of Sarah Burton, Creative Director of Alexander McQueen.  And the House of McQueen is anything but old-fashioned or stuffy!



The one thing that all of these dresses have in common (other than the ability to make me bow down and observe a moment of silence out of respect!) is the sleeves.   It’s amazing how something so ordinary can elevate a dress to another level when you don’t see it all the time, you know?  Strapless dresses are gorgeous and inherently romantic… but oh, the capped sleeves, the floaty long sleeves and all the sleeves in between can make you swoon! So of course, I was so ridiculously happy to see a Buzzfeed post this week celebrating a lovely bunch of dresses with sleeves and I knew I’d have to share!

33 Impossibly Pretty Wedding Dresses with Sleeves

I know that there are an infinite amount of choices for dresses…  but it feels nice to take a minute and have a look at a little themed collection sometimes?
#sleevesareadreamyourheartmakes
Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment