Monday 30 November 2015

Stunning = Expensive? Not Always!

At any given time, I have a large bin jam-packed with yarn in all colours and textures. This bin is the size of a large cooler and it can barely close! So, you think I'd be a prolific knitter and crocheter (if that's even a word!), right?  Unfortunately, I can't knit or crochet worth a lick with a pair of needles, I can only arm-knit scarves, and arm-crochet scarves and until very recently, slouchy hats.  The intricacies of crochet and knitting with needles to create beautiful designs will never be in my particular skill set, but I am  fascinated when I see people making gorgeous sweaters, blankets and the like. Over the weekend, I found a story about one bride who crocheted her wedding dress. Her wedding dress was entirely crochet!!  She had a green dress as a liner, and the finished product was amazing. The project that she undertook with her aunt took eight months, the yarn cost her $70 and she purchased the green dress she wore underneath for $100 for a grand total of $170 for her wedding gown.  The price tag was minimal but when you factor in the uniqueness of her dress, a one-off creation,  and the fact that this was a labour of love, this gown becomes well and truly priceless!


When I did a little more digging, I found another creative bride who made her wedding dress as well, a stunning piece she worked on during her commute to work. And it was a dress so lovely that we could totally have seen in an editorial in a magazine!




What I love about both dresses is that they are ultimate proof that the price tag on your wedding dress  doesn't always correlate to how lovely and impactful it can be.  I lovelovelove the idea of a creative, unique and completely personal dress that can't be replicated because let's be real - when weddings can sometimes blend together seamlessly, wouldn't having a knock-out dress be the ultimate standout on your big day? Count us in!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


No comments:

Post a Comment