Monday 15 August 2016

City Weddings: Toronto Edition

Bright lights, beautiful city!
Via misttoronto.com

I fiercely, unapologetically, unabashedly love Canada. And the beating heart of my Canada is Toronto. T.O, the T-Dot, The Six - call it what you will, but there really is no place like home!  I've spent most of my life in the 416, and moving to Durham region was, in a word, heartbreaking.  I've been here for 12 years and only *just* put family pictures up in the house, I've finally acquiesced to Pickering!   Even though my postal code is 905, my heart will always belong to the city where you can find great and varied food choices just around the corner no matter what neighbourhood you're in; the city where you have a million choices for things to do on any given night of the week, and urban landscapes that give way to green spaces and places to roam. So OF COURSE I would find my heart soaring and melting and fist-pumping when I read about Kerri Yoles and Rob Bryan's wedding weekend.

Weekend wedding (and baseball!) warriors!
Via thestar.com

Kerri and Rob's nuptials took place this past Saturday in Toronto, the city that 'felt the most right' for the couple.  Their guests were coming from near and far to attend and they wanted to show their out-of-town guests why Toronto means so much to them.  After their reception that took place at the Drake Hotel, the celebrations didn't end there.

Via ilovetoronto.com

The Drake Hotel: A Room With A View
Via weddingful.com
The next day, the newlyweds took almost ALL of their wedding guests (yep, you read that right: not just a post-wedding celebration with the wedding party, but an afternoon with most of their family and friends that attended the ceremony and reception the day before!) down to the Rogers Centre to see the Blue Jays take on the Houston Astros.  Of their 140 guests, 104 took advantage of what I think is THE best wedding favour I've ever heard seen, if I could have ANY favour in the world, money being no object!*

*~Take Me Out To The Ball Game!!~*

A wedding with a theme that I can get on board with-

Via fringetoronto.com

-plus a healthy dose of


#BlueJaysSwag
Via nationalpost.com

Count me in!!!!!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


*(Side note: OK guys, it HAS to be said -  this couple just taught a master class on how to treat your guests who have come to celebrate your special day!   I'm not saying that EVERY couple has to do this because the price for their 'favours' - 104 tickets for one of the hottest events this year next to Adele, Rihanna, BeyoncĂ© or Drake! - cost $2,600. But the principle of their gesture is a teachable moment with one take-away:  Be kind to the people who have come out to your wedding and give a favour that goes a little beyond the norm.  The importance of wedding favours has become increasingly overlooked and, lets be blunt, favours are the one item in a wedding budget that is the first to be, well, whittled down. Like, waaaaaay down. But can we all agree that Ferraro Rocher are great as stocking stuffers or impulse purchases at the grocery store checkout, but lack a little creativity as a bonbonniere? Trust us when we say this - there are AMAZING items you can select as wedding favours that have great significance, look luxe or extravagant, maybe even decadent, and start at $3 each? Truth bomb: you CAN find swanky items that earn you a heck of a lot of raves even if you're on a budget! April and I have done the legwork!!) *getting off my soapbox*








No comments:

Post a Comment