Tuesday 17 January 2017

Lovin' Plate-and-Spoonfuls!

Appetizer station done juuuuust right!
Via Colin Cowie Weddings

For a few days before any wedding we're involved with, I tend to starve myself or eat sparse, boring meals. Is it to crash-diet down a size or two before the big day? Not for me, because my preferred non-bodycon shift dress/Spanx combo is my wedding-attire strategy of choice. Nope, I eat like a bird because I want to enjoy every single offering on the menu! I groan and moan about Just!How! Much! food there is, but I always find the space to enjoy it all.  We've all had experiences with the good, the better, and the best of reception eats; menus that run the gamut from simple...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Via Deer Field Golf club

... to über-sophisticated....


Via Pinterest 


Via Hummingbird Hall
Via McHales Catering
... cocktail hours that have us trailing servers and their trays of riches, or pulling up a chair beside our favourite station....

Via Holly Tate Fine Catering

Via Silk Mill Urbana

Via Brides.com

... and late-night stations that challenge the strongest  zippers and Beyoncé-approved layers of Spanx!

Oh sweet lord, proof positive that anytime is decadent snack time!
Via Pinterest 
Yes please! I'll just take the plate. Easier that way!
Via Bridal Guide


And I think that 80% of the time, we're dining in style or straight-up ballin' in a sea of oysters and cocktail signatures. But if we're eating this good, how do the 3% roll at THEIR weddings? Ahhhh celebrities - they're just like us (some of the time) .... this is a look at how some stars celebrated their nuptials!


Food (literally) for thought on a January morning!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


No comments:

Post a Comment