Wednesday 18 February 2015

Dresses, Dresses and Dresses!

Full disclosure: I got married in a simple off-white pantsuit. My wedding was super-small,  seventeen people in attendance on a Friday afternoon and it took place at City Hall. My suit was perfect for that day, and after moving house three times, she still hangs in my closet twenty years later and ever so often,  I unzip the garment bag, take her out and give her a once-over.  I always think of Carrie Bradshaw in ‘Sex and the City’ and her wedding dress situation: she was gifted an amazing Vivienne Westwood wedding dress, but when she finally married Big, she wore her no-name, sweet and classic suit and she’d never looked better.
But ohhh, wedding dresses are probably my favourite part of the planning process. I love the feel of them on the hanger – heavy, full of promise -  the way the material swishes or falls seductively, the beading that demands to be admired,  and the little differences from dress to dress that make each beautiful in their own unique way.   I can’t wait for our brides to start the hunt for their perfect dress.
Last month, Flare magazine collected 35 of the sweetest, prettiest, dreamiest dresses that highlight the trends for 2015 – and beyond. But even though these dresses are lovely examples of the hottest bridal trends for the year, they are fresh and beautiful – with no shelf life! So if you’re looking right now for dress ideas, this is a great place to start….
Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment