Wednesday 13 January 2016

To Veil or Not To Veil, That Is The Question!

Yes to the veil?
Via froufroubleu.com





Or yes to non-veil AMAZINGNESS?
Via omgimgettingmarried.com
 I've got the hair blues something fierce right now.  I haven't dyed my hair since the summer because I conquered fear of water, my bigger fear of breathing and being underwater, and my biggest fear of wearing a swimsuit in public and I learned how to swim (sloppily and let's be real, ungracefully) well enough to get me from point A to point B. BUT, my hair is definitely NOT loving the chlorine so I don't want to further stress it out by colouring it.  And, being vainglorious, I won't wear a swimming cap because I'm ridiculous and don't want to chance looking like an egghead. So instead, I've been living my hair dreams vicariously through my good friend, the Internet.  I've been drinking in all things hair on my iPad: hair colours, mermaid hair, hair styles, silver hair, short hair, celebrity hair, any hair, really.  The good news is, in the middle of my current hair obsession, I found a great post about brides rocking some short-but-seriously-sweet hair at their weddings!

*~Short hair, don't care! Wedding hair ideas that are big on impact!~*

One of our upcoming weddings this year will feature a very cool first for us here at Limitless: our bride is going sans veil.  She is leaning towards a fascinator, so sourcing out the possibilities will be a fun undertaking! I think that fascinators are amazing because there are soooooo many options and possibilities; they can be intricate, bold, romantic, simple, elegant, fantastical and everything in-between.

The ladies of The Social show fascinators done right! Like snowflakes, no two are remotely the same!
Photo via styleblog.ca
But beyond the fascinator, there are other non-veil options like headbands, tiaras, crowns, and floral embellishments.   Because I've got headpieces on my mind, it seemed like a fitting time to share a Huffington Post that featured these wedding day alternatives:

*~A 'heads-up' on wedding veil alternatives from the Huffington Post~*

Last summer, The Social's fashion guru Erica Wark had a fabulous collection of wedding accessories and she featured some great headpieces, including a gorgeous floral headband that Lainey modelled - and I drooled over! I've shared the link before but it's informative - and inspirational enough - to warrant a second look!

*~Wedding Accesories that will set your heart a-flutter courtesy of The Social~*

Do you have a favourite in the bunch? Have any of these looks grabbed you? Let us know!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


No comments:

Post a Comment