Tuesday 23 February 2016

Fabulous Grounded Footwear (aka Flats that are high-fashion)

(Flat) Wedding Shoe P0rn
Via weddinggirl.ca

I love the look of a sleek, sky-high heel. Whether it's a cut-out knee high gladiator sandal, a classic patent-leather pump, a nude platform - they're all beautiful and swoon-worthy to me. I even fell in love with these rainbow-coloured Valentino babies:

The shoes of my dream (because I could only wear them in my sleep)
Via flordemariafashion.com

I became semi-obsessed with them,  thinking of the places we could go together, wondering what cool wardrobe pieces I could pair with them with, wondering how they'd feel in my hands..... But I couldn't, for the life of me, imagine actually walking in them because heels are my nemesis.  I am unwieldy, ungraceful, and could kill the cool-factor of the most fashion-forward and fierce shoe with the bent-knees/pained-expression combo. So my go-to footwear is anything flat and grounded. My labels of choice are Converse, Melissa and flip-flop (well, not quite a label but a state of mind,  dahling!)

But are wedding dresses and flat shoes the Odd Couple, a match made in fashion hell? Thanks to Flare magazine, they have curated some of the best looks for the bride looking for a pair of shoes that will take her from morning straight through the night - and into the next morning - feeling no pain and ready to keep the party going.  Comfort AND style? Now that's a match made in heaven!

*~Say I Do to the Shoe! Wedding flats for everyone!~*

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment