Monday 28 September 2015

Choose Your Own Adventure: Wedding Party Fashion Addition

Photo via mywedding.com


I am a late bloomer. I'm finally learning to swim, at the same time that my nephews, aged 4 and 2 are - I'm clearly a significantly older student! I got my first tattoo in my twenties, and I was in a wedding party for the first time in my thirties. Thankfully, I didn't have to endure a lot of dress drama* because the bride was a cool-ass mother-trucker who had only two dress requirements:

1) dresses needed to be floor-length; 
2) dresses needed to be black.

Umm, a long black dress? Talk about a piece of cake!**   THANK YOU APRIL!!!*** Our bridal party ended up looking pretty fly, because we were on the same page for the big details but given pretty broad scope to find our dream dress.  So, can I tell you how much I loved this Buzzfeed post showing just how much pop there is in a mix 'n' match bridal party? I loved this idea and these looks SOOO MUCH.

*~Now THIS is how you make a bridal party pop! ~*

Each of the folks in your wedding party has their own unique personality and will bring something special to the day, by virtue of who they are.  How cool would it be to see what would happen if you lay down a few guidelines (like colour or length) and see where this leads your party people? Could your vision plus their style equal a marriage made in fashion heaven?!  This article is a great cheat-sheet on how to guidelines to help create a wedding party look that is personalized and unique and celebrates each person!

*~Mix'n'Match 101~*

And this can also apply to the gents in both wedding parties because there's no limit on how much fantastic style you can have at one wedding!

*~And THIS is how you keep the style poppin' for the rest of the party!~*

A little style p0rn to start the week!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


* - There was still a little drama for me; dress shopping gives me anxiety like nothing else can so there was a lot of stress-sweats and hiding out in various dressing rooms. Also a lot of swear words. Sorry, April!

** - It ended up NOT being a piece of cake, due to said anxiety and I went to a lot of stores. A LOT, as in double-digits. And I dragged April to every single one. Every. Single. One. SORRY APRIL!!

*** - THANK YOU APRIL!!! = Thank you for not kicking me out of your wedding party even though I was a pain in the arse. You really are a cool-ass mother-trucker.


No comments:

Post a Comment