Wednesday 30 September 2015

Wednesday Win: Makeup for the ladies you love!

Photo via vampyvarnish.com

You know those days when you feel like a little pick-me-up, a cheap and cheerful treat that hits the spot? Normally for me, the ticket is something edible and dangerously laden with sugar, cream, butter and all the most delicious things in life that make my waistline a little more... Well. Just more of a waist, I guess! So, imagine how happy I was to find a calorie-free way to shake things up and smile from ear-to-ear. Now..... imagine if you could spread the love (and buzz and style) to the ladies in your life and your partners in wedding madness? Well, sweet (cosmetic) dreams are made of this:


I'd been seeing Colourpop cosmetics coming up in Buzzfeed style posts (yes, another Buzzfeed shout-out... Seriously, what CAN'T you read about there? When you're done reading this post, I dare you to go to the site and NOT find posts that you pass on!)  When I saw references to 'great wear length' and 'MAC dupe' or 'just like NARS _______ lip colour!' I had to check it out and after disappearing down the rabbit hole chasing a grillion colour swatch pictures, online reviews, and YouTube product testing videos, I emerged in a state of Nude Lip Lust (an actual thing, I have been dying to find a My Lip But Better shade for ages and have been notoriously let down!) and placed an order. I got a small army of lippie stix (their name for lipsticks, these babies come in roughly a million shades, in matte - gulp, my Achilles heel! - sheer, glossy, hyper-glossy, creme and pearlized finishes) as well as a pair of eye shadows because they got constant raves for being crazy-pigmented, and a lip liner.

*~More reasons to let the sunshine in!~*

Guys.... They did NOT disappoint. I am seriously planning my next order, as well as gifts for a certain amazing sister who is the real make-up maven, and a certain daughter who is finally embracing the power of a pretty lip and a cat eye! I now have two MLBB lippies and the eyeshadow, swapped on my UNPRIMED naked eyelid that was so gorgeous, my Too Faced Sexy palette cried! I had to pass along this company because the price points are not to be missed - when you factor in the exchange from U.S to Canadian dollars, the lippies and eye shadows come in at under $7 - SEVEN DOLLARS, WHAT? - for some seriously gooooooooood quality product. If you're looking for a a loooong-lasting lip colour, they also have the Ultra Matte Lip that will be about $8.

 If having all these lip colours is wrong, then I don't want to be right. Ever.

Photo via tiffanydmua.com
Pretty..... So so pretty! From romantic to natural, to dramatic, to poptastic!



They also have bronzes and highlighters for all your contouring and strobing needs?  If you sign up for their updates, you can score  deals like discounts on total purchases or in specific items (currently they are offering $5 off their pallets and lip collections) heads-up on new products and last goodbyes for colours that are retiring so you can stick up if a fave is headed off into the sunset. There is nothing in it for me, no free swag or anything like that, but there could be eternal love and devotion from some lucky recipients should you decide to knock some socks off and stock up some purses!



Wishing you a day as limitless (and as colourful!) as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment