Monday 28 December 2015

Your Wedding Dress: The Day/Week/Month/Year After!

We hope you all had a great couple days of holiday shenanigans, festive hijinx and good times all around with all your favourites!  As always, it went way too quickly, there were way fewer cookies than I would've liked and I couldn't get enough of my dad's stuffing.  But, if  these were indeed my biggest problems this Christmas, then I had a really, really good holiday!

So, in the middle of all the looking forward - to New Years Eve, STAR WARS NIGHT! with April and my brother-in-law (yep, the force was strong with us, we waited an ungodly amount of time to make plans to see the movie!), the endless tying up the best of 2015 and the best projections of 2016, I came across a piece that kind of seemed appropriate as we close out the year, especially for brides who took a stroll down the aisle this year.  What do you do with your wedding dress, post-big day?

*~Wedding dress 'what now?'~*

There are some great ideas, the first idea speaks to the bride-to-be who might be considering a non-traditional dress that she can wear again and how marching to the beat of your ow drum = a dress that isn't relegated to one day.  This might sound strange but consider this: Keira Knightley's adorable, ballerina-sequel Chanel wedding dress? She wore it to a party in 2008 - five years before she got married. AND she wore it to the SeriousFun Gala a few months after her nuptials. Each time she wore it, she was styled a little differently for a unique look, but make no mistake, this is the epitome of wearing something you lovelovelove to get married - and finding a way to wear your gorgeous dress AFTER your wedding day!

One dress, three ways:

The Dress: Prior to the wedding.....
Photo via thegloss.com

.... on the Wedding day.....
Photo via chicvintagebride.com
....and post-wedding!
Photo via celebmafia.com

*~Keira Knightley, and her awesome Wedding Dress Encore!~*

Some of the ideas weren't my favourites at all - like trashing the dress. Sadness!  Wedding dresses are soooooo beautiful; like a piece of art.  I mean, someone (or a few someones, depending on how intricate your dress is) spent HOURS working on it and it feels almost cruel to not honour that, you know? But then my heartbea returned to normal and I unclenched my fists when the article rolled around to my absolute favourite idea, to display your dress. Again, wedding dresses are BEAUTIFUL. Brides look absolutely stunning in these creations - so what could be better than giving your dress a little VIP treatment? Cleaned, pressed and framed, right next to your favourite wedding picture.

( Full disclosure: I'm dying for April to do this because her dress was a real beauty, so I'm highlighting this idea here. No pressure, April. No pressure!)

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April


No comments:

Post a Comment