Monday 21 March 2016

Fitness Motivation: Working It Out!

Via theblabbermouthblog.com


I have a love/hate/love relationship with working out. I love the idea in theory; I kinda hate the  actual activity mid-workout, when my legs feel like jelly and I'm positive I couldn't possibly do another shoulder press, much less twelve more!  But then, once I'm done, I feel the love again - I can honestly say that I'm glad that I do go to the gym. Even when I bribe myself, mostly with treats.

Via musicfeeds.com.au
My fitness goal is not about achieving a 'beach body' (can't ANY body go to the beach?)  or looking Victoria Secret runway-ready -  it's stress relief with benefits. I calm my mind when it's racing or decompress after a tough day, and a nice bonus is that I'm fitter and stronger.  But the love/hate thing can be hard to navigate, you know?   I think half the problem is that sometimes, I don't want to leave the house; it's not that I don't want to workout, but I wish I could get my sweat-on a lot closer to home, ie - IN my home.   The other half of the problem?  The thought of my machine circuit (the same-ol' rotation of DOOM!) feels a little boring and I NEED to shake things up and try something new to keep things exciting and stay motivated.  Fitness-pros will tell you incorporating change will avoid work-out plateaus, and I'll be honest, I do feel a little less 'hate' when I'm trying something different.  I was pretty darned stoked to see a Buzzfeed post that seemed to address both of my issues. They rounded up a veritable treasure trove of workouts and channels to keep anyone on their toes - from the comfort of their very own living room!  From HIIT to dancing, spot training and yoga, the options are staggering, the combinations to create a power-workout are infinite and for anyone, much less a bride/groom/bridesmaid-to-be who is juggling a full plate AND an upcoming wedding, could use these workouts as a personal mind-and-body strengthener and stress-buster. I had to share this with everyone because no matter what your motivation, you can never go wrong when you get moving or cultivate your Warrior pose. It took me a looooooong time to come to this realization, and if I could go back in time and change one thing, I'd go back a *few* years and tell my 20-year old self to get active and be mindful of the overall benefits of challenging myself physically! 

My new challenge - try at least one workout from each channel! Are YOU up to the challenge?!

*~A grab-bag of workout WIN!~*

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment