Wednesday 30 March 2016

Wedding Dress Shopping 101!

Can dress shopping be THIS relaxed and laid-back? Armed with the right information, it sure can!
Via matrimonialmeg.blogsot.ca

Happy post-Easter, lovelies! I hope you and yours have an amazing long weekend filled with all the usual suspects - good times with family and friends, good eats and GOOD TREATS! Dinner, for me,  is just a means to an end because dessert is my jam. It's my favourite food group, my favourite meal, just my favourite, full-stop. But this year we did our Easter dinner a little differently, and instead of a 'traditional' dinner with roasts, ham or turkey, we had an English pub-style dinner of bangers and mash with champ (aka green-flecked mashed potatoes) mushy peas, mashed rutabaga and cabbage. Believe me, it's food you can tuck into with almost no guilt, owing to fact that you're eating your vegetables; they just happen to be drenched in rich gravy fortified with love. And beer (my own twist on the classic, I braise the sausages in beer to make the gravy even more slurpable!)  We washed it down with bowls of chocolate lava cake topped with ice cream, and we were feeling pretty fiiiine by Sunday night, and I will forever be grateful to my Gap jeggings for allowing me to enjoy this bounty with my family by providing freedom to look stylish and freedom from too-tight pants cramping my carb-flow. Amen!

After all this food talk, we're going to make a smooth transition to wedding dress shopping. Of course we would! It seems only natural to begin a wedding dress shopping/fitting conversation with sausages, heaps of mashed potatoes and cake by the bowlfuls!

Via imoviequotes.com

And while the movie 'Bridesmaids' taught us one very important lesson - NO PRE-SHOPPING LUNCH IN A SKETCHY PART OF TOWN EATING WEIRDLY COLOURED MEAT! -  we know that dress shopping is a unique experience for every bride, and as such, will be approached differently by each lady. But if ever there was a cheat sheet, I think we've found it!  This article from Fashion magazine is amazing because it offers a little bit of everything, from when to go, where to look and how to dress when you meet your dress (hint: think nude!) and if you're going to be embarking on the Quest for Dress, take a couple minutes to read this article..... And maybe forward it to whoever will be going shopping with you so that your posse is on the same page (and keeps you there too!)


Happy shopping!

Wishing a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment