Wednesday 8 June 2016

Wednesday Wedding Ring How-To: Celebrating Your Inner Fanboy/Fangirl Edition

When you know what you love, why hide it?
Via agentsofgeek.com
(Side note: The word 'geek' has been badly abused over the years and I use it here in its purest, most positive definition, which is someone who is very interested and knowledgeable in a particular thing, field or activity)

I remember the first movie I ever saw; it was 'Grease', a drive-in night with my folks and I looooooved it. My uncle had an 8-track of the soundtrack that he had to play every time I was in his car, and to this day, I watch the movie a few times a year.  I am and will forever be a Grease geek and I'm not even remotely ashamed of how much I love this movie and how well I know the movie!  Of course, watching the movie now as a grown-up, I can see just how wildly inappropriate this movie really was for a kid in elementary school (teen pregnancy scares? p*ssy wagons?! hickies from Kenickie?! 30-somethings masquerading as teenagers?! Damn, that was some R-rated content!) but I was smitten with the singing and dancing (and Kenickie, he was my T-Bird of choice!)  and the idea that eventually, we all drive off into the sunset with our very own Danny or Sandy, floating car optional. This movie will always have a special place in my heart!

#teamRydellHigh
Via booksablog.com

Sometimes the books or movies that we love can become such a part of us that we are associated with them forever.  They come to be as much a part of who we are as our hair colour or our fingerprints. Which is why it's always so cool to see wedding-related details that tip their hats to who we are as we move towards who we're going to be. It's why I always swoon over a Harry Potter themed wedding,  why a Lord of the Rings wedding would make my LIFE, why I'm currently squeeing over the Star Wars artwork in one of our upcoming weddings. and why these engagement rings made my day!

*~Wearing your heart on your sleeve - or your finger! Rings inspired by your favourites!~*

Buzzfeed, my internet boyfriend, collected some awesome rings that celebrate these very things in one lovely post and without being too geeky, these are the sweetest engagement rings this side of the Shire! Proof positive that we don't have to check our childhood or 'geeky'  loves at the door when we're all grown up!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment