Wednesday 29 June 2016

Say You'll Be Mine!

Snoopy, giving his humans  a moment to themselves!
Via weddingshoesblog.com

I love me a good wedding. Yep, that would seem pretty obvious (and necessary!) considering April and I are lucky enough to be involved in weddings. From the moment of conception (our first meet and greet with our couples)  to the cute and cuddly baby stage (when we ooh and ahhh over pictures of potential colour palettes, bridal bouquets, bridesmaid dresses, etc) and through the awkward teenage angst (ugh, RSVP delays, or seating drama) until the day when our collective baby is all grown up (aka THE WEDDING DAY!) it really is a journey.  But.... despite loving the growth cycle of a wedding, I have to admit, I'm less enthusiastic about huge, elaborate, over-the-top proposals.  I mean, I think it's fair to admit that weddings have an inherent level of over-the-top showiness to them, but it feels somehow more organic, and a joint venture. But there's a distinctively one-sided element to a grandiose, epic proposal. It comes across as peacock-y, wth a strong undercurrent of, 'look at how amazingly awesome I am, planning this outrageous and fantastic proposal!'

Renting a stadium, flying in the family, an orchestra and a jumbotron: another day in the life of the rich and shameless
Via eonline.com

(Side note: Don't even get me started on prom-posals! I am firmly #TeamSimpleButSweet, not #TeamViralVideo)


No comment!
Via collegehumour.com


Preach!
Via whisper.sh


But, I'm not against a proposal that is big, as long as it's heartfelt and again, organic; 100% free from artificial flavours and try-hard!

*~Marry You? I Do!~*

In celebration of Pride Month, I'm ridiculously proud to share a proposal that gave a serious case of the feels, despite taking place very publicly and captured on video for prosperity.  Enjoy!


The blond guy on the right of the proposal? That was me watching this video.  It hit all the right notes for a great proposal. Unexpected but perfect, grand scale but geared towards both the proposer and proposee. And, most importantly no 'LOOK AT ME SLAY AT THIS PROPOSAL!' but instead 'THIS IS OUR MOMENT'

Via ohfeed.com


Congratulations to the happy couple and I can't wait to see what their wedding looks like, if we're so lucky, that is!

Wishing you a day as limitless as you are~
Lisa and April

No comments:

Post a Comment